Creamy Pineapple Dessert
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 5 individual cream-filled sponge cakes, split in half lengthwise or 7 slices pound cake (about 3/4 inch hick
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place cake in an ungreased 11 x 7 inch dish.
- Top with pineapple; cover and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix until smooth.
- Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping; pour over pineapple.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Chill until serving.