Creamy Raspberry Dessert 2
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh raspberries (for garnish)
- Whipped cream (for garnish)
- Crust: Combine crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press onto the bottom of an 8- or 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, make Filling.
- Filling: Drain raspberries and reserve juice. Set berries aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine juice, cold water and gelatine. Let stand for 5
- Cook and stir over low heat until gelatine dissolves.
- Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until blended.
- Add berries and gelatine mixture; beat on low until thoroughly blended.
- Chill until partially set. Watch carefully, as mixture will set up quickly.
- By hand, gently fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into the crust.
- Chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, run knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of
- Top with fresh raspberries and whipped cream.