Decadent Chocolate Dessert
- 8 ounces butter
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
White Chocolate Sauce
- 1 ounce heavy whipping cream
- 9 ounces Toblar Narisse, or other fine chocolate
- 4 ounces Drambuie liqueur
- Dessert: Cut a circle of wax paper and place in bottom of a greased 9-inch spring
pan, then grease the paper.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and grate both chocolates.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into a saucepan, add a cup of sugar and bring to a rapid boil.
Boil for 2 minutes, then remove pan from the heat and slowly stir in the grated
- Add the butter, stirring to dissolve completely.
- Place the eggs and remaining
sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until the sugar dissolves, then add the chocolate
mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and place in a baking tray.
- Pour in hot water to reach three-quarters up the side of the pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, then remove pan from
the water bath and place on a cooling rack. Leave for 15 minutes, then refrigerate
for at least 2 hours.
- Cut the dessert into wedge-shaped pieces while still cold,
but serve at room temperature on a bed of White Chocolate Sauce.
- White Chocolate Sauce: Scald the cream in a saucepan.
- Grate the chocolate and whisk into the cream, then add the Drambuie.
- Set aside to cool.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.