Dessert Corn Fritters
- 2 ears fresh corn (or 1 cup canned or frozen corn)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- In a deep fryer or deep skillet, preheat oil to 350 degrees F (oil should be
about 2 inches deep).
- Cut kernels from cobs with a sharp knife.
- In a medium bowl, combine kernels with egg yolks; mix well.
- Sift flour with salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir into corn mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Gently fold into corn mixture.
- Drop batter by teaspoon into hot oil. Cook until golden, about 3 minutes, turning
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.