Dessert to Go
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 1 (4-serving-size) package any flavor instant pudding
- 1 3/4 cups cold milk
- 6 flat-bottom ice cream cones
- Colored sprinkles and/or maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Put a colander or strainer in a bowl. Pour cherries into the strainer, draining
the juice into the bowl. Save the juice to add to orange juice or other drinks;
you do not need the juice for this recipe.
- Put the drained cherries on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, carefully cut
each cherry in half. Set aside.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions using 1 3/4 cups cold milk.
- Refrigerate pudding for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put cherry halves in a large mixing bowl.
- With a rubber spatula, scoop whipped topping into the bowl. Stir gently until
cherries are mixed with whipped topping.
- Fill each cone with 1/4 cup pudding.
- Top each with 1/2 cup cherry mixture.
- Decorate with colored sprinkles or a maraschino cherry.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
This dessert is best eaten with a spoon.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): National Cherry Growers Foundation
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes