- 12 pieces lasagna
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 8 kiwis, peeled
- 4 cups strawberries, washed and trimmed, 8 reserved for garnishing
- 4 cups blackberries, washed
- 1/2 cup toasted, sliced almonds
- Mint sprigs, to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside.
- In the food processor, puree 4 kiwis with 2 tablespoons sugar. Transfer the puree
to a bowl and set it aside. Rinse the processor bowl.
- In the processor, puree half the strawberries with 2 tablespoons sugar. Strain
the puree into a bowl and set it aside. Rinse the processor bowl.
- In the processor, puree half the blackberries with 2 tablespoons sugar. Strain
the puree and set it aside.
- Slice the kiwis into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Slice the strawberries into 1/8-inch
thick pieces. Slice the blackberries in half.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of each of the purees to use as a garnish when serving.
- To assemble the lasagna, first cover the bottom of a 9-inch-by-13-inch glass
baking pan with 3 pieces of pasta. Spoon 1/3 of the ricotta on top and spread it
evenly. Pour the kiwi puree over the cheese and arrange the kiwi slices on the puree.
Lay on 3 more pieces of pasta and cover with 1/2 the remaining cheese. Pour the
strawberry puree over the cheese and sprinkle with sliced strawberries. Lay on 3
more pieces of pasta and cover with the remaining cheese. Pour the blackberries
puree over the cheese and sprinkle with blackberries. Top with a final layer of
- Cover tightly with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the lasagna with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar
and with the toasted almonds. Cut into 8 rectangles and use a spatula to set the
pieces on dessert plates.
- Decorate the plates with dots of reserved purees.
- Garnish each piece of lasagna with a strawberry and a sprig of mint.
Yield: 8 servings
Reprinted with permission from
the American Pasta Association.