Dessert in a Pumpkin
- 1 small (7-inch diameter) pumpkin
- 2 cups peeled, sliced apples
- 1 cup chopped
dates or raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and dry pumpkin; slice off top for a lid. Scrape out seeds.
- Mix all ingredients
thoroughly and fill pumpkin.
- Return lid to pumpkin; place on a cookie sheet.
until apples and pumpkin are tender. Begin checking doneness after 40 minutes. May
take one hour or more.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Serve from shell, spooning some pumpkin with each portion.
- Top with sour cream if desired.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.