Devil's Food Strawberry Splits
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pint baskets (12 ounces each) strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 6 baked devil's food cupcakes, unfrosted
- 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup or fudge topping
- In large mixer bowl, combine cream, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, cocoa and vanilla
extract; beat to form soft peaks. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine strawberries and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar; toss
- To assemble, cut cupcakes horizontally in half. Place bottom of each cupcake
on individual serving plate; top with 1/2 cup strawberries and cup cream mixture.
Cover with cupcake top; garnish with remaining cream mixture and strawberries.
Makes 6 servings
Drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup.
Nutrition facts per serving: 550 calories, 31 g fat, 115 mg cholesterol,
400 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber and 6 g protein
Recipe credit: California Strawberry Commission
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.