This cake is a joke, a bit of whimsy to lighten up any party. It is really a
dessert. You may substitute vanilla pudding for the chocolate if you want and use
up to 20 ounces of Oreo cookies. Use a clean new plastic flower pot or take the
precaution of lining a new clay pot with foil and wrap the stems of live flowers
if you use them in order to prevent any toxins from entering the dessert.
- 1 new flower pot
- 1 new garden trowel
- 5 gummy worms
- 1 bunch plastic flowers
- 16 ounces Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 8 ounces cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped
- Crush the cookies until they resemble potting soil. Set aside.
- Cream the butter or margarine, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until
smooth and fluffy. Set aside.
- Combine pudding mix and milk until well blended.
in whipped topping.
- Gently fold the cream cheese and pudding mixtures together.
- To put the “cake” together, layer one-third of the cookie crumbs
followed by 1/2 of the pudding mixture, 1/3 of the crumbs, the remaining pudding
mixture and topping with the remaining crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 12 hours before serving.
- Remove from refrigerator.
with flowers and stick gummy worms into the “dirt” with a little of
each worm showing.
- Serve by digging out portions with the trowel.
Serves 10 to 12.