Gingered Chocolate Wontons
- 1 package wonton wrappers (available at grocery or specialty
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- In double boiler, combine all ingredients except butter, cook over low heat until
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. Let cool.
- When chocolate has
firmed, portion into 1/2 ounce balls.
- Brush one side of wonton skins with egg (this
will help seal it once chocolate is inside).
- Place chocolate inside skins and seal.
Set aside for a few minutes to let egg paste dry.
- Fry in hot vegetable oil at 350 degrees F or until skins are light brown (you
can keep prepared skins up to two days before frying).
Wontons are best eaten hot;
they do not reheat well, so make sure you only cook what you can eat right away.
Posted by FootsieBear at recipegoldmine.com.