Gingered Chocolate Wontons
- 1 package wonton wrappers (available at grocery or specialty stores)
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- In double boiler, combine all ingredients except butter, cook over low heat until
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. Let cool.
- When chocolate has firmed, portion into 1/2 ounce balls.
- Brush one side of wonton skins with egg (this
will help seal it once chocolate is inside).
- Place chocolate inside skins and seal.
Set aside for a few minutes to let egg paste dry.
- Fry in hot vegetable oil at 350 degrees F or until skins are light brown (you
can keep prepared skins up to two days before frying).
Wontons are best eaten hot;
they do not reheat well, so make sure you only cook what you can eat right away.
Posted by FootsieBear at recipegoldmine.com.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes