Godiva Chocolate Pave
- 8 (1.5 ounce) bars Godiva Dark Chocolate, broken up
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Fresh berries
- Make the chocolate pave: Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap,
allowing enough extra plastic wrap hanging over sides to cover finished pave.
- Place chocolate and butter in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power)
for 1 minute. Stir.
- Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened. Stir
until smooth and let cool.
- Sift confectioners' sugar and cocoa over chocolate
mixture and whisk to mix well.
- Whisk egg yolks and water in double boiler top over simmering water. Whisking
constantly, heat yolks to 145 degrees F and maintain temperature for 3 minutes.
- Fold yolks into chocolate mixture and cool to room temperature.
- Whip cream in mixing bowl until medium peaks form, using electric mixer at high
speed. Whisk one-third of cream into chocolate mixture.
- Fold remaining cream
into chocolate mixture. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, folding ends of plastic wrap over top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Whip cream and sugar in mixing bowl until soft peaks form, using electric mixer
at high speed.
- Invert pave onto cutting board and remove plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature
for 30 to 45 minutes for easier slicing.
- Cut into 12 slices with warm knife, wiping knife between each cut.
- Place 2 slices of pave on each plate and top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with fresh berries and serve immediately.
Inspired by a recipe from Le Madeleine.