Grilled Pound Cake "Sandwiches"
- 1/4 cup strawberry-flavored cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 slices frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Combine cream cheese and almonds in a small bowl. Spread on one side of half of pound cake slices.
- Top with remaining cake slices.
- Spread half of butter evenly on outside of one side of each sandwich.
- Place sandwiches, buttered side down, onto a hot, nonstick skillet or griddle. Cook over medium heat until golden.
- Spread remaining butter evenly on ungrilled side of sandwiches; turn and cook until golden.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.