Heavenly Yam Delight
The perfect treat to make when you are in a hurry, and need a refreshing dessert.
If you're a pumpkin fan, this recipe has your name on it with nutritious value.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
cup chopped pecans
- 7 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat free frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 (29 ounce) can yams (sweet potatoes) drained or 2 cups fresh sweet potatoes, cooked
and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, pecans and margarine.
Press into bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar until creamy.
- Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- In mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
Yield: 12 servings
Per serving: cal 205.7 (26% from fat); fat 5.984g; protein 3.680g; carb 33.81g;
chol 1.134mg; sodium 118.2mg; saturated fat 1g
* Created by Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission spokesperson, Holly Clegg.
Recipe and photo used with permission from
the Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.