Heavenly Yam Delight
The perfect treat to make when you are in a hurry, and need a refreshing dessert.
If you're a pumpkin fan, this recipe has your name on it with nutritious value.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 7 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat free frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 (29 ounce) can yams (sweet potatoes) drained or 2 cups fresh sweet potatoes, cooked and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, pecans and margarine.
Press into bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar until creamy.
- Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- In mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
Yield: 12 servings
Per serving: cal 205.7 (26% from fat); fat 5.984g; protein 3.680g; carb 33.81g;
chol 1.134mg; sodium 118.2mg; saturated fat 1g
* Created by Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission spokesperson, Holly Clegg.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes