Hot Chocolate-Banana Wontons with Mango Sauce
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, seeded, and cut up
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon or more granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 8 ounces milk chocolate (chocolate bars are fine)
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into 12 pieces each
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Confectioners' sugar, for serving
- Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and
puree until smooth. Strain into a serving bowl. Taste for sweetness, adding more
sugar a teaspoon at a time as needed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Wontons: Break or cut the milk chocolate into 24 reasonably equal pieces.
Use your hands to smooth out and round off any jagged edges or sharp corners, so
they will not poke through the wonton skins.
- Lay the wonton skins out on a work surface at an angle, so they look diamond-shaped
instead of square. Lay the slice of a banana and a piece of chocolate in the lower
half of each diamond. Paint around the edges of one wonton skin with water and fold
the top point down to meet the bottom, forming a triangle.
- Gently press the edges together, trying to press out any air, and pinch the edges
to seal. Place on a plate and repeat with the remaining ingredients. If not serving
immediately, cover tightly with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out. (The
recipe can be made up to this point and refrigerated for up to 10 hours.)
- When ready to serve, heat the oil in a deep-fryer or 2 inches of oil in a heavy
saucepan to 365 degrees F.
- Put a thick layer of paper towels next to the pot or on a sheet pan.
- Six at a time, drop the wontons in the oil and fry until golden
brown, turning occasionally.
- Fish them out and drain on paper towels while you fry the rest.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and divide on serving plates.
- Serve with individual bowls for mango sauce for dipping.
Source: Just a Bite by Gale Gand - CBS News
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.