Key Lime Coconut Squares
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground almonds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated Key lime peel
- 2 drops green food color
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine filling ingredients in large bowl. Set aside. Mixture will thicken slightly.
- For crust, combine flour, sugar and almonds in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Pat mixture evenly into an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until lightly browned.
- Pour filling over crust and sprinkle with coconut.
- Continue baking about 15 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.