Layered Raspberry Rice
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint heavy cream, whipped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 or 4 drops red food color
- Combine rice, water, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil, stir once, cover, reduce
the heat and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract. Cool.
- Fold whipped cream into cooled rice.
- Drain liquid from raspberries into a small saucepan.
- Blend in cornstarch; cook over low heat until thick.
- Add raspberries and food coloring. Stir gently to prevent breaking up berries. Chill.
- Alternate layers of rice mixture and raspberries in serving bowl or parfait glasses.
Serves 8 to 10.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes