Lemon Fluff Squares
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 (3 ounce) packages or 1 (6 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 (3 3/4 or 3 5/8 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 pint lemon sherbet, softened
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs, pecans, and butter or margarine. Reserve 1/4 cup
crumb mixture; press remainder into 10 x 6 x 1/12-inch baking dish. Chill.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool to lukewarm.
- Whip cream till soft peaks form; set aside.
- Add dry pudding mix to gelatin; mix well.
- Add sherbet; beat at low speed until thickened and nearly set.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Turn into baking dish; sprinkle reserved crumb mixture atop.
- Chill for at least 1 hour; cut into squares.
Makes 6 servings.
Posted by Pat's Cookin at Recipe Goldmine 10/8/2001 4:01 pm.