- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest (colored rind only) of 2 large lemons, removed with a zester or fine grater, about 2 tablespoons
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 6-cup popover pan. Heat pan in oven for
- Combine flour, milk, eggs, cloves, salt and zest in mixer, processor or blender
until smooth. Transfer mixture to 1 quart measuring cup.
- Pour batter into hot popover pans, filling them about 7/8 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Decrease heat to 350 degrees F; continue to bake until popovers
are very dark and crisp, about 40 to 45 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 6 popovers.
Per serving: Cal 175 (37% fat) Fat 7 g (2 g sat) Trace fiber Chol 147 mg
Sodium 266 mg Carb 19 g Calcium 93 mg