Meringue Shells with Lemon Cheese Sauce
These meringue shells can be filled with any other filling you desire, also.
- 12 egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Lemon Cheese Sauce
- 12 egg yolks, well beaten
- 1 cup lemon juice, bottled
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- Meringue Shells: Beat egg whites until stiff, gradually adding small amounts
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- Prepare cookie sheets with brown paper.
- Scoop meringue mixture onto sheets in small mounds. Make an indentation with back of spoon
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 45 minutes; turn oven off and let cool for
- Fill with Lemon Cheese Sauce.
- Lemon Cheese Sauce: Combine ingredients and cook over hot, not boiling, water
in a double boiler. Stir frequently and cook until thick (45 to 60 minutes).
The Meringue Shells keep well in a tightly closed container. If shells become tacky in humid
weather, bake for 10 minutes at 150 degrees F to dry them out.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes