Mini Noodle Kugels with Raspberry Filling
- 4 ounces medium or wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples or raisins
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 18 teaspoons raspberry jam
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
- While the noodles are cooking, beat the egg substitute, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
in a large bowl until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is foamy.
- Fold in the cottage cheese, applesauce and chopped dried apple or raisins.
- Lightly spray a muffin tin (preferably non-stick) with the vegetable oil cooking
spray. (Do not use baking cups.)
- Drain the noodles in a colander and immediately add them to the egg mixture.
- Fill each muffin tin 1/2 full.
- Add 2 teaspoons raspberry jam to each cup, then fill the muffin cups to full.
- Bake until firm and the tops are golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Recipe and photo credit:
the National Pasta Association.