Mom's Dream Dessert
This is a recipe I got from a friend a good 20 years ago when I attended a home
party. She didn't have a name for it. When I made it when my boys were teenagers,
they called it "Mom's Dream Dessert". I like to use it around the
holidays and at Valentine's Day or other special occasions. It's a no bake,
no cook recipe and really a simple one to make!
My mother took this recipe and used strawberry pie filling and at different times
used blueberry pie filling, and peach pie filling. The family liked it that way
too! However, I prefer it with the cherry pie filling.
- 2 store bought round angel food cakes
- 3 cans cherry pie filling
- 2 family size package Jell-O instant vanilla pudding and pie filling (or French vanilla makes it even better!)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- Make instant pudding as per package directions.
- Add sour cream to pudding and blend well. Set aside.
- Tear angel food cake into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Open up cans of cherry pie filling.
- In a large crystal, clear bowl, put a layer of angel food cake pieces.
- Next spoon a layer pudding mixture to cover cake.
- Next spoon a thin layer of cherry pie filling over the pudding mixture in bowl.
- Repeat layers, ending with cherry pie filling on top.
- Chill at least 24 hours before serving.
My family says this is even better the second or third day after making
From the kitchen of Laurie in California.