Orange Ladyfinger Dessert
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups
Florida orange juice
- 2 (8 ounce) containers vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 (3
ounce) package ladyfingers, split
- In a small saucepan combine gelatin and sugar.
- Stir in orange juice. Stir over
low heat until gelatin dissolves.
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Chill for about
45 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Add yogurt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes or
until slightly foamy.
- Wrap foil around outside bottom of 8-inch springform pan to keep filling from
- Cut ladyfingers in half crosswise. Cover bottom of pan with ladyfinger pieces.
- Place remaining ladyfinger pieces, cut ends down, around sides of pan.
- Spoon gelatin
mixture into pan.
- Cover; chill four hours or until firm.
- Remove sides of pan before serving.
Source: Florida Department of Citrus