OREO® Strawberry Mousse Cake
A fluffy mixture of strawberry gelatin, puréed strawberries and whipped cream is chilled in a chocolate sandwich cookie crust for a luscious dessert.
- 29 OREO Cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 small boxes JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups strawberries, pureed*
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped, divided
* Substitute raspberries for the strawberries, if desired.
- Cut 3 of the cookies in half; set aside.
- Finely crush 12 of the remaining cookies; mix with margarine. Press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan; stand remaining 14 cookies around edge of pan.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in large bowl; stir in cold water and strawberry puree.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Beat gelatin with electric mixer on high speed 2 minutes or until foamy.
- Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped cream.
- If necessary, refrigerate until mixture is thick enough to mound. Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen dessert; remove rim of pan.
- Top with remaining whipped cream and halved cookies.
- Garnish with additional strawberries and mint sprig, if desired.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
Prep: 30 min | Yield: 14 servings
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 220 Total fat 11 g Saturated fat 4 g Cholesterol 20 mg Sodium 220 mg Carbohydrate 29 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 21 g Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 6 %DV Vitamin C 25%DV Calcium 0%DV Iron 6%DV
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Heinz Company
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.