- 3 (14 ounce/398 mL) cans California Cling Peach slices in light syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) superfine or granulated sugar
- 1 (7 g) envelope unflavored gelatine (7 g)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Frangelico almond liqueur, Grand Marnier or syrup from the peaches (if using peach syrup add 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) almond extract)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) ground almonds (reserve 3 tablespoons for garnish)
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream
- Drain peaches reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) syrup if using. Reserve 5 peach slices for garnish. Set aside.
- Line bottom of an 8-1/2 inch (22 cm) springform pan with a circle of waxed paper.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle gelatine over liqueur or peach syrup with almond extract. Let stand 10 minutes to soften.
- Heat gently to dissolve gelatine.
- Add gelatine mixture to butter mixture, beating until smooth. Blend in ground almonds.
- Whip cream to soft peaks. Fold gently but thoroughly into almond mixture.
- Spread 1/3 of almond mixture in prepared pan. Arrange half of the peach slices in a sunburst pattern on top.
- Repeat with another layer of almond cream and peaches. Spread remaining almond cream on top. Firmly tap pan on work surface to remove any air pockets.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerated until firm, 5 hours or overnight. The charlotte can be prepared a day in advance to this point.
- To Serve: Remove plastic wrap. Run knife around edge of pan and remove springform rim.
- Place serving platter on top of charlotte and turn upside down onto plate. Remove pan bottom and waxed paper.
- Garnish top of charlotte with reserved peach slices and ground almonds.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- For best results, cut with a damp knife.
Yield: about 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
California Cling Peach Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.