Peach Marshmallow Dessert
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 canned peach halves, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 large marshmallows
- Thoroughly cream shortening, sugar and corn syrup. Add egg and beat well.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add alternately with milk.
- Pour into greased 8 x 12 inch pan.
- Arrange peach halves, cut side up, on top of batter.
- Blend butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon and sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Place marshmallow on each peach half.
- Return to oven to brown slightly.