Peaches 'n' Cream Dessert
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 medium fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Crust: In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture
resembles coarse crumbs.
- Whisk egg and water together; sprinkle over flour mixture
- Form dough into a ball; roll out on a lightly floured surface to a 13
x 9-inch rectangle. Place in an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Filling: Combine sugar and flour; toss with peaches. Pour into the crust.
- Pour cream over peaches; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F; bake 25 minutes
longer or until peaches are tender.
- Let stand for 25 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Yields 10 to 12 servings.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes