Peanut Butter-Chocolate Icebox Dessert
- 2 1/4 cups crushed peanut butter cookies (about 11 cookies)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3.9 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- Additional peanut butter cookies, broken into pieces
- In a bowl, combine crushed cookies, sugar and butter; press into an ungreased
13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden
brown; cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- In another mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes
or until thickened. Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Top with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with cookie pieces.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.