Peanut Butter Fudge Cups
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer
at medium speed until smooth.
- Lightly spoon 1 cup flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Add flour and salt to peanut butter mixture; cut in flour with
a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle surface with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time; toss with a fork until combined.
- Shape mixture into 24 balls. Place 1 ball in each of 24 miniature muffin cups
coated with cooking spray. Press dough into bottoms and up sides of muffin cups.
- Filling: Combine 2/3 cup brown sugar and the next 4 ingredients (2/3
cup brown sugar through milk) in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook for 3 to
4 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons flour and egg until well blended.
- Divide chocolate mixture evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until the pastry is lightly browned; cool
in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around outside edges of cups. Remove cups from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Yield: 2 dozen; serving size: 1 cup
Calories 92 (33% from fat); Fat 3.4g (sat 1.4g, mono 1.3g, poly 0.5g); Protein
1.7g; Carb 14.6g; Fiber 0.5g; Chol 13mg; Iron 0.6mg; Sodium 48mg; Calc 13mg
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 12/28/2001 11:52 am.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.