As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 (2-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 (3 1/2 pound) pineapple
- 2 pounds bananas
- 2 (1-inch) cinnamon sticks
- Juice and peel of 1/2 Mexican lime
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Bring sugar, water and cinnamon stick to a boil and
let them continue to boil for about 20 minutes. You should now have about 2 1/2
to 3 cups liquid. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Clean and dice the pineapple and bananas and blend it with the syrup to a coarse
- Pour the mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish and add cinnamon, lime peel
- Set the dish in the oven and let the fruit puree cook for about 5 to
- The cooking time will depend upon the depth of the mixture in the dish.
From time to time, scrape the mixture from the sides of the dish and stir it well.
This is very important toward the end of the cooking period.
- When the mixture is rich, dark brown, thick and sticky, transfer it to a small
serving dish and glaze it quickly under the broiler.
- Set it aside to cool.
- Serve with Crema or queso fresco.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes