Pineapple Creme Dessert
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple in its natural juice
- 1 package unflavored gelatine
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Sliced pineapple, and mint or lemon leaves for garnish
- Mix half the pineapple with the gelatin in a small saucepan. Let stand
for 2 minutes.
- Separate the eggs. Combine the yolks with the pineapple and the gelatin. Stir
until blended. Cook over moderately high heat until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Cool.
- Add remaining pineapple to mixture.
- Whip egg whites until frothy.
- Gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks, like for meringue, are formed.
- Fold egg whites into cooled pineapple mixture.
- Beat cream until stiff. Fold into pineapple mixture.
- Pour the Pineapple Creme into 4 dessert dishes.
- Cover and chill until set, about 4 hours.
- Garnish with sprigs of mint or lemon leaves and a slice of pineapple.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.