Pistachio Ribbon Dessert
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine,
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring (extract)
- 1/3 cup pecan meal
- 8 ounces
cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 of a 9 ounce container
- 2 small boxes INSTANT pistachio pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch glass baking pan.
- In bowl, mix flour, sugar and pecan meal. Add butter and extract and rub between
palms of your hands until mixture is crumbly.
- Lightly press this evenly over bottom
of baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- With an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until
creamy. Scrape off the beaters so you don't lose any of this mixture.
- Add the
Cool Whip and mix with a large spoon until well blended; then spread evenly over
top of COOLED crust.
- With a clean mixer, mix the pudding mix, milk and almond extract according to
- When thickened, spread this evenly over top of the cream cheese
layer in the pan.
- Top this layer with the remaining Cool Whip.
- Cover and refrigerate.
This will make 12 generous servings.
If you can't find pecan meal where you live, you can use 1/3 cup of
FINELY chopped pecans.