Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 large box raspberry gelatin
- 2 cup boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) package sweetened frozen raspberries
- Whipped topping and fresh mint (optional)
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar; blend in butter with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Press into an ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until set (crust will not brown). Cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in raspberries.
- Chill for 20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Spoon over filling.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping and mint if desired.