Raspberry Filled Meringues
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed and drained (reserve syrup)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Meringue Shell: Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Cover baking sheet with brown paper.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in small bowl until foamy.
- Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until glossy. Do not under-beat.
- Drop meringue by 1/3 cupsful
onto brown paper. Shape into circles, building up sides to look like a nest.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn oven off and leave door closed 1 hour.
- Filling: Mix 1/4 cup raspberry syrup and the cornstarch in the saucepan.
- Add raspberries and remaining juice. Heat to boiling. Stir constantly. Boil and stir
1 minute. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff.
- Blend cheese, sugar and vanilla extract into whipped cream.
- Put layer of raspberries in shell, then layer of cream mixture. Then
center it with raspberry mixture.
- Refrigerate, but no longer than 12 hours.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.