Raspberry Filled Meringues
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
and drained (reserve syrup)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chilled whipping
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Meringue Shell: Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Cover baking sheet with brown paper.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in small bowl until foamy.
- Beat in sugar,
1 tablespoon at a time, until glossy. Do not under-beat.
- Drop meringue by 1/3 cupsful
onto brown paper. Shape into circles, building up sides to look like a nest.
for 1 hour.
- Turn oven off and leave door closed 1 hour.
- Filling: Mix 1/4 cup raspberry syrup and the cornstarch in the saucepan.
raspberries and remaining juice. Heat to boiling. Stir constantly. Boil and stir
1 minute. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff.
- Blend cheese, sugar and vanilla extract into
- Put layer of raspberries in shell, then layer of cream mixture. Then
center it with raspberry mixture.
- Refrigerate, but no longer than 12 hours.