Rhubarb Almond Sour Cream Squares
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter,
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Topping: In a small bowl mix together sugar, butter and almonds; mix until crumbly,
then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream brown sugar, butter, egg and extract.
- Whisk flour, baking
soda and salt together and add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream; fold
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for
45 to 50 minutes, until done.
- Cool in pan, and cut into squares.
Makes 8-10 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.