Rhubarb Almond Sour Cream Squares
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Topping: In a small bowl mix together sugar, butter and almonds; mix until crumbly,
then set aside.
- Cake: In a medium bowl, cream brown sugar, butter, egg and extract.
- Whisk flour, baking
soda and salt together and add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream; fold
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until done.
- Cool in pan, and cut into squares.
Makes 8-10 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes