Rhubarb Custard Bars
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 cups rhubarb, diced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Blend flour and sugar together, then cut in the butter with a fork or pastry blender.
- Press crust into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Prepare filling while crust is baking.
- In a large mixing bowl blend sugar, salt and flour, then add eggs, vanilla extract and rhubarb; blend well.
- Pour mixture over partially baked crust and continue baking for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.