Rhubarb Raspberry Cream Dessert
- 1 cup Tillamook butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole cream or Half-and-Half
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups fresh diced young rhubarb
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 6 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Mix butter, flour and sugar; press into large oblong glass cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In the meantime, mix eggs, sugar, Half-and-Half, flour and rhubarb until thoroughly blended.
- Fold in raspberries lightly and pour over baked crust.
- Bake for approximately 45 to 55 minutes or until center is set.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract and mix for 1 or 2 minutes until well blended.
- Spread over creamy rhubarb filling and bake until lightly browned - approximately 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Top with large scoop of Tillamook vanilla ice cream.
Source: 2001 Tillamook Recipe Contest Grand Prize Winner - Spokane, Washington - Submitted by Kerrin Tenneson, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho