Rich Truffle Wedges
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 6 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Mint (optional)
- Truffle: In a microwave or double boiler, melt butter and chocolate; stir until
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until thick, about
- Blend in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour; mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or
until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Glaze: Combine ingredients in a small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until
melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- Run a knife around the edge of springform pan
to loosen; remove cake to serving plate.
- Spread glaze over the top and sides; set aside.
- Sauce: Puree the raspberries in a blender. Press through a sieve if desired;
- Stir in sugar; chill until serving time.
- Spoon sauce over individual servings.
- Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and mint if desired.
Yields 12 servings.