- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cake dessert cups
- Chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine the raisins and rum; set aside.
- Drain the pineapple slices, reserving 1/3 cup of the syrup.
- In a small saucepan, combine the 1/3 cup syrup, the brown sugar, butter or margarine
and cornstarch. Cook and stir the mixture until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir
2 minutes more.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Stir in the raisins and rum.
- Add drained
pineapple slices to saucepan, spooning warm sauce over slices.
- Split the cake cups horizontally.
- Place 1 pineapple slice between layers of each
split cake on individual dessert plates.
- Place a small scoop of chocolate or vanilla
ice cream in the center atop each cake cup; spoon the warm rum-raisins sauce atop.
Makes 4 servings.