Strawberries in a Cloud
- 1 large container real whipping cream, whipped (if using an unsweetened kind, you can add 1 tablespoon sugar)
- 1 package strawberry glaze made according to package directions - set aside
- Amount of strawberries to your liking, sliced*
- 1 package angel food cake, made according to package directions, cooled, sliced into thin pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, whipped**
- * Put into strawberry glaze mixture (I usually add a bit of extra hot water to
the glaze mixture after the berries have been added) be careful not to add too much
as it will lose the correct texture and become very runny!
- ** Add 1 cup of the whipping cream to this; set aside.
- Take a 9 x 13-inch glass pan. Spread a little of whipping cream on bottom of
pan and up the sides a bit. On top of this add thin slices of angel food cake.
- Next add the cream cheese/whipping cream on top of the cake.
- Keep repeating this until lastly you have a nice amount of whipping cream spread
- Take your strawberry glaze mixture and pour in the center area of the dessert;
it may drizzle down the side a bit, but this is nice for the appearance I try to
keep it in the middle mostly that it resembles a fluffy cloud around it.
You can also make this with fresh blueberries.
Posted by darlene60 at recipegoldmine.com.