Strawberry Cheesecake Squares
with Gingersnap Crust
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs (about 36 gingersnap cookies)
- 1/3 cup (5 1/3 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 4 cups stemmed strawberries, about 1 1/4 pounds
- 14 ounces cream cheese, softened (see note)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (see note)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Additional frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Whole strawberries
- Crust: In medium bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter, mixing until blended.
- Press onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan; cover and refrigerate.
- Filling: In blender or food processor container, process strawberries into a
smooth sauce; set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until blended.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute.
- Heat over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of the strawberry sauce, stirring to blend.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold strawberry-gelatin mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour onto prepared crust.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, cut into 20 squares.
- Garnish tops with additional whipped topping and strawberries if desired.
- Serve with remaining strawberry sauce; sweeten sauce with sugar if necessary.
Makes 20 servings.
For a lower-fat version, substitute reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat
whipped topping for regular cream cheese and whipped topping. Proceed as recipe
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Other Dessert Recipes