Strawberry Cheesecake Squares
with Gingersnap Crust
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs (about 36 gingersnap cookies)
- 1/3 cup (5 1/3 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 4 cups stemmed strawberries, about 1 1/4 pounds
- 14 ounces cream cheese, softened (see note)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Additional frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Whole strawberries
- Crust: In medium bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter, mixing until blended.
- Press onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan; cover and refrigerate.
- Filling: In blender or food processor container, process strawberries into a
smooth sauce; set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla
- Stir in whipped topping.
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over
water; let stand 1 minute.
- Heat over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved,
- Add 1 1/4 cups of the strawberry sauce, stirring to blend.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold strawberry-gelatin mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour onto prepared crust.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, cut into 20 squares.
- Garnish tops with additional whipped topping and
strawberries if desired.
- Serve with remaining strawberry sauce; sweeten sauce with
sugar if necessary.
Makes 20 servings.
For a lower-fat version, substitute reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat
whipped topping for regular cream cheese and whipped topping. Proceed as recipe
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.