Strawberry Cheesecake Squares
with Gingersnap Crust
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs (about 36 gingersnap cookies)
- 1/3 cup (5 1/3 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 4 cups stemmed strawberries, about 1 1/4 pounds
- 14 ounces cream cheese, softened (see note)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (see note)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Additional frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Whole strawberries
- Crust: In medium bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter, mixing until blended.
- Press onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan; cover and refrigerate.
- Filling: In blender or food processor container, process strawberries into a
smooth sauce; set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until blended.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute.
- Heat over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of the strawberry sauce, stirring to blend.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold strawberry-gelatin mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour onto prepared crust.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, cut into 20 squares.
- Garnish tops with additional whipped topping and strawberries if desired.
- Serve with remaining strawberry sauce; sweeten sauce with sugar if necessary.
Makes 20 servings.
For a lower-fat version, substitute reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat
whipped topping for regular cream cheese and whipped topping. Proceed as recipe
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.