Strawberry Chiffon Squares
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 pint whipping cream, whipped
- Combine crumbs and butter and pat firmly into a 13 x 9- inch pan.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir gelatin mixture into sweetened condensed milk, lemon
juice, strawberries and marshmallows.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour over crumb crust.
- Chill until set.
- Cut into squares.
Variation: Use lime gelatine and substitute
a 14 ounce can of crushed pineapple (drained) for the strawberries.