Strawberry Graham Dessert
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce)
package frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- Dash salt
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries
and mint, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1 tablespoon for
- Press the remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 8-inch square
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in strawberries and lemon
- Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 1/2 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and salt
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread half over cooled crust.
- Cover and refrigerate
remaining cream mixture.
- Pour gelatin mixture over filling; refrigerate until firm.
- Top with remaining cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Garnish with fresh berries and mint if desired.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 11:39:36am 6/1/03.
Source: Carolina Country