- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain strawberries on paper towels; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour,
oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse
crumbs. Reserve 1 1/2 cups for topping.
- Pat remaining crumb mixture into a greased
9-inch square baking pan.
- In a bowl combine sugar and cinnamon; stir in strawberries.
- Spoon over the prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Yields 9 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.