- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Combine crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter.
- Press into 8-inch square pan.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle strawberries with 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Let stand 15 minutes. Drain.
- Whip cream.
- Spread over meringue.
- Top with berries and chill.
Serves 8 or 9.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.