- 6 pints ripe strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced in half
- 6 flour tortillas
(soft taco size)
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Canola oil for frying
- Prepare berries and toss in a large bowl with 1 cup sugar; refrigerate for 1
- In small bowl combine 1 cup sugar and the cinnamon; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream until thick then gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar
by teaspoons while beating and continue to beat until stiff peaks form; refrigerate
until ready to use.
- Heat 1/4 inch vegetable oil in large frying pan on high heat; do not let oil
- When oil is ready, add one tortilla, fry until golden then flip and fold
into taco shape. Continue to fry until outside is golden.
- Remove to paper towels
and sprinkle inside and out with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Repeat with other tortillas.
- Fill with strawberries and whipped cream.