Super Samoa Surprise
- 1 box Girl Scout Samoa cookies (14 cookies)
- 2 small boxes coconut cream pudding, instant or cooked
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup flaked, sweetened coconut
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cream
- To make crust, break up cookies into a food processor. Process until cookies
are evenly crumbed.
- Press into a 10-inch pie plate.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- For filling, make pudding according to box directions for pie filling, using
the milk. If cooked pudding, let cool, stirring every five to 10 minutes.
- Pour into chilled pie crust.
- For topping, heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spread coconut flakes onto a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
Stir every couple of minutes to ensure it is evenly browned.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on top of pie and refrigerate.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, place the chocolate in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave at 50 percent power for one minute.
- Add butter and cook at 50 percent
power for 30 to 60 seconds. Stir to mix.
- Continue microwaving and stirring until chocolate is melted.
- Add cream and mix well.
- Drizzle over coconut or place in a pastry bag and create any design.
- Refrigerate for three hours or overnight.