Sweet Cherry Cheese Dessert
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 1/2 cups crushed pecans
- Shortbread cookies, crushed
- 2 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, cut butter into crushed cookies until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, extract, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy; fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over crust.
- Top with pie filling, cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.