Sweet Cherry Cheese Dessert
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 1/2 cups crushed pecans
- Shortbread cookies
- 2 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners'
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, cut butter into crushed cookies until mixture resembles coarse
- Press into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, extract, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy;
fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over crust.
- Top with pie filling, cover and chill
for 1 to 2 hours.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.