Too Cool Twinkies
- 2 small boxes orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 7 ounces 7-Up
- 8 Twinkies
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add pineapple, ice cream and 7-Up. Mix thoroughly
(in a blender, if necessary) to dissolve ice cream and pour into a deep 9-inch square
- Chill until mixture begins to set.
- Lay Twinkies flat side down in two rows of four across the top of chilled gelatin.
- Push Twinkies into the gelatin until they are just buried, not descended to the
bottom of the pan.
- Chill until fully set.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings