- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 6 (1 ounce) squares
semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 (1 ounce) squares
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 teaspoons
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons
- Whipped cream, unsweetened raspberries
and mint (optional)
- Truffle: In microwave or double boiler, melt butter and chocolate; stir until
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until thick, about
- Blend in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour; mix well.
- Pour into greased
and floured 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or
until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on
a wire rack.
- Glaze: Combine ingredients in a small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until
melted and smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Run a knife around edge of springform pan to loosen;
remove cake to serving plate.
- Spread glaze over top and sides; set aside.
- Sauce: Puree raspberries in blender or food processor. Press through a sieve
if desired; discard seeds.
- Stir in sugar; chill until serving time.
- Spoon sauce
over individual servings.
- Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and mint, if desired.
Yields 12 servings.