Zucchini Dessert Squares
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter
- 8 to 10 cups zucchini, cubed
(seed and peel zucchini if they are large)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crust: Prepare and bake crust/crumb mixture. Set aside.
- In bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
Reserve 3 cups.
- With fingertips, press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of 13
x 9-inch pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Filling: Place zucchini, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of reserved crumb mixture
in saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in
sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cover and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Spoon mixture over
baked crust and sprinkle with remainder of reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool, then cut into squares.
Makes 16 to 20 servings.